How can this entry make any sense for anyone?
It’s not really something I can explain well enough despite the years that passed. All I have right now are these two significant images, from my previous organizations/groups, which I thought back then was important.
It wasn’t utterly pure nonsense, I did learn a whole lot of things from these past endeavors. Although, looking back now it feels like these were nothing more than just to past time.
Honestly, I was never the type who made friends easily. It was always a struggle to fit-in.
If I would recall from everything that I’ve gone through. I would have never imagined that I would be able to build wonderful things or let alone connect people. In fact, if my previous members, acquaintances or even the friends whom I’ve met from these organizations/groups that I founded, they would probably hate me for saying such things.
I won’t be discussing the purpose of these groups in this post but, I will share to you here on what I’ve learned from my experience in managing these groups.
Notes about leadership
- Establishing a group/organization requires effort, research and patience.
- Whatever your personal ideals are, sometimes or often times it may never always go through as planned.
- Connecting people requires patience. Observation is always the key in bridging gaps and making sure that everyone in a particular group would get-along.
- Rules are important to remind everyone to respect one another. It’s not always about order alone.
- Patience is indeed virtue when dealing with difficult/stubborn members.
- Activities and goals are crucial to a group/organizations growth.
These are the few of the long list of lessons that I’ve learned from my past endeavors. I used to think that there was something that only I can share to the world. I thought that if I could build a community who has the same ideals, visions or dreams as me. I would be able to pave my way towards a brighter future. In some ways, I think it did. However, it took a lot of courage and time for me to learn what I needed to handle things. There were a bucket of mistakes and some of them were irreparable. Then again, if I just look back at everything that I’ve done so far–
I’m glad that even though there were times that I felt no one. At the very least, these little efforts that I’ve made to move forward despite my social anxiety and depression, came in as a gateway for the people whom I’ve met from the past as a valuable memory and lesson to them. Good or Bad, it was all for the best of times.
perhaps sometime in the future, I’ll talk about what these two groups were. In a separate post, maybe. Who knows?
In the mean time, thank you for taking time to read this blog entry for my journal post.
Cheers and have fun living life!